Basketball - WYBL Skills Academy
Our highest priority is the health and safety of our program participants. The Wicomico Recreation & Parks Department is continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation through regular updates from the Wicomico County Health Department and the Department of Emergency Services.
Wicomico County Recreation & Parks' WYBL Skills Academy is open to boys and girls of all skill levels. Learn the basic fundamentals of basketball in a fun, non-competitive environment. The program is held at the Wicomico Civic Center and directed by WYBL skill development coaches.
The WYBL's High School Skills Academy is open to high school boys and girls players. Participants will focus on their fundamentals, their individual player skills growth and their development as an athlete. The program is held at the Wicomico Civic Center and directed by The Salisbury School’s head Boys Basketball Coach, Jermichael Mitchell.
- Age Group(s): Division I: Grades K-1
Division II: Grades 2-3
Division III: Grades 4-5
Division IV: Grades 6-8
High School: Grades 9-12
- Date(s): All Divisions: Mon./Wed., Oct. 5-21
- Time(s): Division I and II: 5:15-6:15 p.m.; Divisions III and IV: 6:30-7:30 p.m., High School: 7:45-9 p.m.
- Location(s): Wicomico Civic Center
- Registration Dates: Open now through Oct. 5 (registration must be done in advance online or at the Wicomico Civic Center box office)
- Program Fee(s): $55/participant
- Contact: James Simmons: 410-548-4900 x114 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Programs & News
Kids Klub Learning Center
The Kids Klub Learning Center provides a childcare opportunity for Wicomico County Public School students. Participants will follow their personal virtual curriculums and complete their individual assignments under the supervision of certified staff. - Read More
The Great Glow Maze
Join us at The Great Glow Maze, Friday, Oct. 30 and Saturday, Oct. 31 at the Wicomico Civic Center! - Read More
Wicomico Youth Basketball League
The Wicomico Youth Basketball League is for boys and girls in grades K-12. Register by Nov. 3 for the inaugural season. - Read More