Tennis - Teen/Adult USTA Tennis Lessons
Take United States Tennis Association-led tennis lessons with us.
Learn the Game (new/novice)
This USTA-led program taught by a certified tennis professional will help brand-new and novice students (ages 13 and up) develop tennis fundamentals (e.g. ground strokes, serve, volley) through a fun play-to-learn style of learning tennis. Students also will practice match play and learn about sportsmanship, etiquette and game rules. Students need to bring a racket and should wear comfortable clothes and appropriate athletic shoes.
Play the Game (advanced beginners/intermediate)
This USTA-led program taught by a certified tennis professional will help advanced beginner and intermediate students (ages 13 and up) improve their current tennis game (e.g. ground strokes, serve, volley) through a fun play-to-learn style of learning tennis. Students also will practice match play and learn game strategies. Students need to bring a racket and should wear comfortable clothes and appropriate athletic shoes.
Session 1 is in progress. The below information is for session 2.
- Age Group(s): Male and female players ages 13 and older
- Date(s): Thursdays, Aug. 2-Sept. 6, or Saturdays, Aug. 4-Sept. 15 (no class Sept. 1)
- Time(s): Learn the Game: 6-7 p.m. Thursdays or 10-11 a.m. Saturdays; Play the Game: 7-8 p.m. Thursdays and 11 a.m.-noon Saturdays
- Location(s): WinterPlace Park
- Registration Dates: Open now
- Program Fee(s): $60/session. Maximum of 10 students/class.
- Contact: Allen Swiger, 410-548-4900 x108 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
The update of Wicomico County's Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan has been locally adopted. Read more to view the plan. - Read More
Chase the Chicken 3K Fun Run/Walk
This fun run/walk will be a blast. See if you can win a free chicken dinner at this new Wicomico County Fair event on Aug. 18. - Read More
Wicomico County Fair
There's something for everyone at the Wicomico County Fair, which is happening Aug. 17-19 at WinterPlace Park. - Read More