Summer Camp - FUNdamental Hoops Basketball Camp
FUNdamental Hoops is Wicomico Recreation & Parks' five-day summer basketball camp designed for children ages 7-12. In a nurturing, fun environment, players will learn basketball essentials using specialized, age-appropriate drills and games. Led by Brian McDermott, founder of Delmarva Defenders Youth Basketball, campers will be taught the basic techniques of shooting, dribbling, passing, rebounding and defense while emphasizing teamwork, sportsmanship, and most of all, FUN! Children of all skill levels are encouraged to attend.
Coach McDermott has a passion for teaching basketball to the youth in our community. After playing Division III basketball for Salisbury University, he went on to become the head coach at Mardela High School and Sussex Technical High School. He also served as an assistant coach at Salisbury University and Stephen Decatur High School.
- Age Group(s): Boys & Girls Ages 7-12
- Date(s): June 19-23 and July 17-21, 2017
- Time(s): 9 a.m.-noon
- Location(s): Salisbury Middle School
- Registration Dates: Open Now. Deadline is June 16 for first week and July 14 for second week. On-site registration may be available depending on space.
- Program Fee(s): $125/week, includes camp T-shirt and extra goodies
Scholarships are available for those in need.
- Contact: Brian McDermott: 301-785-9606 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Allen Swiger: 410-548-4900 x108 or email@example.com
Additional Details: Parents must come into the gym to sign in/out child(ren).
Pack a light snack that will not spoil.
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
The update of Wicomico County's Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan has been locally adopted. Read more to view the plan. - Read More
Run to Remember Memorial Day 5K
Support the Wicomico War Veterans' Memorial at the Run to Remember Memorial Day 5K on May 26. - Read More
Youth Sports Core Values
Learn about Wicomico County Recreation, Parks & Tourism's Youth Sports Core Values — fun, community, sportsmanship and skill development. - Read More