Little League Challenger Division
For updates and more information regarding COVID-19, click here.
Little League Challenger is an adaptive baseball program for individuals with physical and intellectual challenges. The league aims to provide an opportunity
for individuals to participate in a Little League environment that is structured to their abilities.
Any individual with a physical or intellectual challenge may participate. If an individual can participate in the traditional Little League baseball or softball program with reasonable accommodations they should do so.
Players from Maryland District 8 (Wicomico, Worcester and Somerset counties) can register for this program.
Flexibility and adaptability are key during Challenger games. Games are typically 1-2 innings long and last about an hour. All players play defensively and bat every inning.
- One proof of age document, such as a birth certificate or other original documents issued by a state or federal agency
- These documents can be submitted:
- Via Email: email@example.com
- In Person: Wicomico Recreation (500 Glen Ave., Salisbury, MD 21804; Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.) or at your local Little League (check days and hours of registration at https://www.littleleague.org/play-little-league/league-finder/)
20% Off Shop Event at DICK'S Sporting Goods: March 12-15
Our partner, DICK’S Sporting Goods, is offering you a 20% off discount throughout the store to help you gear up for the season! Be sure to use the coupon linked above, as this is specific to our organization. The coupon is valid in-store at the Salisbury location only, on the dates above and should be shown at the register during checkout.
- Age Group(s): Little League Challenger Division: Players ages 4-18, or up to age 22 if still enrolled in school
Senior League Challenger Division: Players ages 15 and above (no maximum age)
- Date(s): Opening Day: May 8, 2021, Season: May-June, 2021
- Location(s): Henry S. Parker Athletic Complex Field 7 ½
- Registration Dates: Feb. 1 - March 31, 2021
- Program Fee(s): There is no cost to participate in Challenger Little League.
- Contact: Brian Workman, 410-548-4900 x105, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Details: Buddies are volunteers that protect the Challenger players and assist with batting, fielding and running the bases, but only as needed. High school students, Boy/Girl Scouts and other athletes make great buddies. Buddies should be at least 9 years of age. If you're interested in volunteering as a Buddy click the Register Now button below.
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
Take our short survey about parks, recreation and open space in Wicomico County. - Read More
A new inclusive playground
Plans have been unveiled for the new inclusive playground. Construction is scheduled to begin at the Henry S. Parker Athletic Complex in 2021. - Read More
Jr. Girls Softball
Junior Girls Softball is for girls ages 4-16. Players of all skill levels and experience are invited to join in the tradition. - Read More