Sensei David Doran's karate program provides a safe, disciplined learning environment geared toward maximizing human potential. It is traditional GoJu
style karate. This style blends Go, or hard techniques (strength and body conditioning), with Ju, the soft techniques (redirection and breathing).
This tradition is tempered with modern sport karate appeal, music and safe sparring that challenges every student. Expect an increase in confidence,
self-reliance and respect for others.
Doran has eight years' experience in competitive wrestling and 25 years of training in karate and Japanese weaponry: Bo, Nunchaku, Sais, Tonfa and Samurai sword. He is a third-degree black belt in GoJu karate and trained for 10 years under Tenth Degree Grand Master Joseph Artesi.
- Age Group(s): Two age groups: Ages 4-6 and Ages 7-12
- Date(s): Classes are Mondays and Wednesdays. Each new session begins on the first Monday of each month (exceptions: January session will begin Jan. 8 and September session will begin Sept. 5)
- Time(s): Ages 4-6: 5:30-6 p.m.; Ages 7-12 Beginners (white belt): 6-7 p.m.; Ages 7-12 Advanced (yellow belt): 7-8 p.m. For the advanced/yellow belt class, participants must have tested out of the beginner class.
- Location(s): Wicomico Youth & Civic Center, Da Nang Rooms
- Program Fee(s): Ages 4-6: $40; Ages 7-12: $55. The first uniform is included; additional uniforms can be purchased for $10 each.
- Late Fee: Starting with the January session, a late fee of $10 will be in effect once the session begins. Registration closes after the first week of class.
- Contact: Registration questions: Allen Swiger, 410-548-4900 x108 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Class questions: Sensei David Doran, 443-614-0342 or email@example.com
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
The update of Wicomico County's Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan has been locally adopted. Read more to view the plan. - Read More
Run to Remember Memorial Day 5K
Support the Wicomico War Veterans' Memorial at the Run to Remember Memorial Day 5K on May 26. - Read More
Kids Klub Summer Escape
Registration is open for Kids Klub Summer Escape. Campers explore a unique theme each week packed with activities, games and more. - Read More