Sensei David Doran's karate program provides a safe, disciplined learning environment geared toward maximizing human potential. It is traditional GoJu
style karate. This style blends Go, or hard techniques (strength and body conditioning), with Ju, the soft techniques (redirection and breathing).
This tradition is tempered with modern sport karate appeal, music and safe sparring that challenges every student. Expect an increase in confidence,
self-reliance and respect for others.
Doran has eight years' experience in competitive wrestling and 25 years of training in karate and Japanese weaponry: Bo, Nunchaku, Sais, Tonfa and Samurai sword. He is a third-degree black belt in GoJu karate and trained for 10 years under Tenth Degree Grand Master Joseph Artesi.
All students must be preregistered. A late fee of $10 will be charged for students registering after the first day of the session.
Advanced classes are available following completion of intro program.
- Age Group(s): Ages 4-17
- Date(s): Sessions are monthly. Sessions begin the first week of every month.
- Time(s): See above for details.
- Location(s): Flanders side of the Wicomico Civic Center
- Registration Dates:
- Program Fee: Beginner Rate: $50 per session. Advanced Rate: $65 per session
- Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be charged for students registering after the first day of the session.
- Contact: Registration questions: Andrew Bugas, email@example.com or 410-548-4900 x113; Class questions: Sensei David Doran, 443-614-0342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Programs & News
Pirate's Wharf Soft Opening
Pirate's Wharf Park opens to the public Wednesday, Oct. 4. Visitors are invited to explore the playground, pavilion and a portion of the trails. - Read More
Wicomico Youth Basketball League
The Wicomico Youth Basketball League is for boys and girls in grades K-8. Register before the November assessment dates for the 2023-24 season. - Read More