Sensei David Doran's karate program provides a safe, disciplined learning environment geared toward maximizing human potential. It is traditional GoJu
style karate. This style blends Go, or hard techniques (strength and body conditioning), with Ju, the soft techniques (redirection and breathing).
This tradition is tempered with modern sport karate appeal, music and safe sparring that challenges every student. Expect an increase in confidence,
self-reliance and respect for others.
Doran has eight years' experience in competitive wrestling and 25 years of training in karate and Japanese weaponry: Bo, Nunchaku, Sais, Tonfa and Samurai sword. He is a third-degree black belt in GoJu karate and trained for 10 years under Tenth Degree Grand Master Joseph Artesi.
Dates and Times:
Ages 4-6: Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30-6 p.m.
Ages 7-12 Beginner (white belt): Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m.
Ages 7-12 Intermediate (yellow belt)*: Mondays and Wednesdays from 7-8 p.m.
Ages 7-12 Advanced (green belt and up)*: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7 p.m.
*Intermediate and advanced students must have tested out of the lower-level class in order to enroll.
- Age Group(s): Two age groups: Ages 4-6 and Ages 7-12
- Date(s): See above for details. Sessions begin on the first Monday or Tuesday of the month, depending on class level (exception: September).
- Time(s): See above for details.
- Location(s): Wicomico Youth & Civic Center, in the new karate room on second floor on Flanders Rooms side
- Program Fee(s): Ages 4-6: $40; Ages 7-12: $55. The first uniform is included; additional uniforms can be purchased for $10 each.
- Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be in effect once the session begins. Registration closes after the first week of class.
- Contact: Registration questions: Allen Swiger, 410-548-4900 x108 or email@example.com; Class questions: Sensei David Doran, 443-614-0342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
The update of Wicomico County's Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan has been locally adopted. Read more to view the plan. - Read More
Kids Klub After School
From theme parties to arts and crafts, organized competition to service projects, this program is the one of the most well-rounded opportunities for youth. It's held in seven elementary schools. - Read More
Fresh Start: A Wicomico County Community Back-to-School Event
This is a collaborative effort between numerous Wicomico County organizations. The event is scheduled for Sunday, Aug. 26, at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center. - Read More