Sensei David Doran's karate program provides a safe, disciplined learning environment geared toward maximizing human potential. It is traditional GoJu
style karate. This style blends Go, or hard techniques (strength and body conditioning), with Ju, the soft techniques (redirection and breathing).
This tradition is tempered with modern sport karate appeal, music and safe sparring that challenges every student. Expect an increase in confidence,
self-reliance and respect for others.
Doran has eight years' experience in competitive wrestling and 25 years of training in karate and Japanese weaponry: Bo, Nunchaku, Sais, Tonfa and Samurai sword. He is a third-degree black belt in GoJu karate and trained for 10 years under Tenth Degree Grand Master Joseph Artesi.
Introduction to Karate:
Ages 4-6: Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30-6 p.m.
Ages 7-15: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-6 p.m.
Advanced classes are available following completion of the intro program.
- Age Group(s): Ages 4-15
- Date(s): See above for details. A new session of classes begins each month.
- Time(s): See above for details.
- Location(s): Wicomico Youth & Civic Center, in the new karate room on second floor on Flanders Rooms side
- Program Fee(s): Beginner Rate: $40/month. The first uniform is included; additional uniforms can be purchased for $10 each.
- Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be in effect once the month's classes begin. Registration closes after the first week of class.
- Contact: Registration questions: Allen Swiger, 410-548-4900 x108 or email@example.com; Class questions: Sensei David Doran, 443-614-0342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Programs & News
Project 7 ½
Project 7 ½ is designed to provide individuals with physical or mental disabilities the opportunity to play baseball. The capital campaign for this proposed project launched Aug. 13.
- Read More
Kids Klub After School
From theme parties to arts and crafts, organized competition to service projects, this program is the one of the most well-rounded opportunities for youth. It's held in seven elementary schools. - Read More
Good Beer Festival
The Good Beer Festival returns to Pemberton Historical Park on Oct. 11-12. There will be 100 different craft brews, live music, games and more. - Read More