Sensei David Doran's karate program provides a safe, disciplined learning environment geared toward maximizing human potential. It is traditional GoJu
style karate. This style blends Go, or hard techniques (strength and body conditioning), with Ju, the soft techniques (redirection and breathing).
This tradition is tempered with modern sport karate appeal, music and safe sparring that challenges every student. Expect an increase in confidence,
self-reliance and respect for others.
Doran has eight years' experience in competitive wrestling and 25 years of training in karate and Japanese weaponry: Bo, Nunchaku, Sais, Tonfa and Samurai sword. He is a third-degree black belt in GoJu karate and trained for 10 years under Tenth Degree Grand Master Joseph Artesi.
Classes are limited to 12 students per class. All students must be preregistered. A late fee of $10 will be charged for students registering after the first day of the session.
Advanced classes are available following completion of intro program.
Be sure to take advantage of the year-long special offers linked above from our partner DICK’S Sporting Goods. These offers can be used in stores NOW, and the link is specific to our organization. Every Season Starts at DICK’S Sporting Goods!
- Age Group(s): Ages 4-17
- Date(s): Sessions are monthly. Sessions begin the first week of every month.
- Time(s): See above for details.
- Location(s): Flanders side of the Wicomico Civic Center
- Registration Dates:
- Program Fee: Beginner Rate: $45 per session. Advanced Rate: $60 per session
- Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be charged for students registering after the first day of the session.
- Contact: Registration questions: Andrew Bugas, firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-548-4900 x113; Class questions: Sensei David Doran, 443-614-0342 or email@example.com
Current Programs & News
Kids Klub Summer Escape
Registration is open for Kids Klub Summer Escape. Campers explore a unique theme each week packed with activities, games and more. - Read More
All-Sports Summer Camp
Get a taste of multiple sports during this week-long summer camp, July 31-Aug. 4. - Read More
Hoops on the Ave.
Hoops on the Ave. is a FREE outdoor family-friendly festival celebrating basketball and the culture surrounding the game. Kick off the summer at Hoops on the Ave. this on Memorial Day weekend. - Read More