Sensei David Doran's karate program provides a safe, disciplined learning environment geared toward maximizing human potential. It is traditional GoJu
style karate. This style blends Go, or hard techniques (strength and body conditioning), with Ju, the soft techniques (redirection and breathing).
This tradition is tempered with modern sport karate appeal, music and safe sparring that challenges every student. Expect an increase in confidence,
self-reliance and respect for others.
Doran has eight years' experience in competitive wrestling and 25 years of training in karate and Japanese weaponry: Bo, Nunchaku, Sais, Tonfa and Samurai sword. He is a third-degree black belt in GoJu karate and trained for 10 years under Tenth Degree Grand Master Joseph Artesi.
Introduction to Karate:
Ages 4-6: Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30-6 p.m.
Ages 7-15: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-6 p.m.
Advanced classes are available following completion of the intro program.
- Age Group(s): Ages 4-15
- Date(s): A new session of classes begins each month. Classes normally begin on the first Monday of the month and the first Tuesday following that Monday, with some exceptions for holidays.
- Time(s): See above for details.
- Location(s): Wicomico Youth & Civic Center, in the new karate room on second floor on Flanders Rooms side
- Program Fee(s): Beginner Rate: $40/month. The first uniform is included; additional uniforms can be purchased for $10 each.
- Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be in effect once the month's classes begin. Registration closes after the first week of class.
- Contact: Registration questions: Derek Jarmon, 410-548-4900 x113 or email@example.com; Class questions: Sensei David Doran, 443-614-0342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Programs & News
Project 7 ½
Project 7 ½ is designed to provide individuals with physical or mental disabilities the opportunity to play baseball. The capital campaign for this proposed project is underway. - Read More
WYBL Spring League
The spring session of the Wicomico Youth Basketball League is a team-entry-only league for girls and boys 14 & under. - Read More
Youth & Adult Chess Tournaments
Our annual Chess Tournaments will return this February. The Youth Tournament is Friday, Feb. 7, and the Adult Tournament will follow on Saturday, Feb. 8. - Read More