The Happy Timers Club is a program for the baby boomer generation. The Happy Timers is the longest-running senior citizen program in the state of Maryland. The Happy Timers were formed by a group of community and civic minded citizens who were interested in the mental, physical and recreational well-being of the older community. If you are new to the area, recently lost a loved one, or just need to get out of the house, come check out the Happy Timers. We offer a walking group, line dancing, exercise, bridge, pinochle, bingo, crafts, parties and games. Lending Library and Thrift Store are available. We provide lunch on Mondays and Wednesdays for a nominal fee.
- Age Group(s): Men & Women 55+
- Date(s): 2018-2019 program begins Sept. 10.
- Time(s): Mondays & Wednesdays, 8 a.m.-noon
- Location(s): Wicomico Youth & Civic Center Da Nang Rooms
- Program Fee(s): $25/year for a membership; drop-in program fees depend on programs.
- Contact: Karen McInturff, 410-548-4900 x118, firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
The update of Wicomico County's Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan has been locally adopted. Read more to view the plan. - Read More
The Governor’s Challenge High School Basketball Tournament returns to the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center and surrounding high schools Dec. 26-29. - Read More
Indoor Community Yard Sale
Reserve your seller space for the Wicomico Recreation Indoor Community Yard Sale, happening at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center on Jan. 5. - Read More