Happy Timers is a senior group for ages 50+. The group meets at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center from September through May on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m.-noon.
Happy Timers offers exercise classes led by certified trainer Amanda Fooks. She follows an evidence-based program designed for seniors called Enhance Fitness.
This program includes chair and floor stretching, which works to strengthen the upper and lower body. There is also a walking group.
Members also enjoy reduced-rate lunches, bingo, card games, outings, parties and picnics.
Happy Timers follows the Wicomico County Public Schools schedule: When schools close, Happy Timers is closed.
- Age Group(s): Men & Women 50+
- Date(s): 2018-2019 program begins Sept. 10.
- Time(s): Mondays & Wednesdays, 8 a.m.-noon
- Location(s): Wicomico Youth & Civic Center Da Nang Rooms
- Program Fee(s): $25/year for a membership; drop-in program fees depend on programs.
- Contact: Jo Ann Dorrough, email@example.com
Current Programs & News
Pirate's Wharf Historical Study Released
Through a mini-grant from the Lower Eastern Shore Heritage Area Council, the County hired a consultant to develop the story of Pirate’s Wharf. - Read More
Kids Klub Summer Escape
Registration is open for Kids Klub Summer Escape. Campers explore a unique theme each week packed with activities, games and more. - Read More