Happy Timers is a senior group for ages 50+. The group meets at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center from September through May on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m.-noon.
Happy Timers offers exercise classes led by certified trainer Amanda Fooks. She follows an evidence-based program designed for seniors called Enhance Fitness.
This program includes chair and floor stretching, which works to strengthen the upper and lower body. There is also a walking group.
Members also enjoy reduced-rate lunches, bingo, card games, outings, parties and picnics.
- Age Group(s): Men & Women 50+
- Date(s): 2019-2020 program begins Sept. 11.
- Time(s): Mondays & Wednesdays, 8 a.m.-noon
- Location(s): Wicomico Youth & Civic Center Da Nang Rooms
- Program Fee(s): $25/year for a membership; drop-in program fees depend on programs.
- Contact: 410-548-4900 x118 or email@example.com
Current Programs & News
Project 7 ½
Project 7 ½ is designed to provide individuals with physical or mental disabilities the opportunity to play baseball. The capital campaign for this proposed project launched Aug. 13.
- Read More
Kids Klub After School
From theme parties to arts and crafts, organized competition to service projects, this program is the one of the most well-rounded opportunities for youth. It's held in seven elementary schools. - Read More
Fresh Start: A Wicomico County Back to School Event
This is a collaborative effort between numerous organizations. The free event is scheduled for Sunday, Aug. 25, at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center. - Read More