Golf - Jr. Eastern Shore Golf League
For more information regarding COVID-19 updates, click here.
The Junior Eastern Shore Golf League, hosted by Wicomico County Recreation, Parks & Tourism, will tee off its seventh season in May 2021. The league
accommodates kids ages 8-18 and uses local golf courses in the area for a six-week session. Athletes will play twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays.
There are two missions of the Jr. Golf program:
- Give an understanding to the more advanced golfer of what it takes to play high school or junior tournament golf.
- Introduce the younger junior golfers who are new to the game a fun and friendly atmosphere through instruction and competition.
Be sure to take advantage of the year-long special offers linked above from our partner DICK’S Sporting Goods. These offers can be used in stores now, and the link is specific to our organization. Every Season Starts at DICK’S Sporting Goods.
- Age Group(s): Boys and girls ages 8-18
6 Hole Matches: ages 8-9 - Modified Tees, ages 10-11 - Modified Tees
9 Hole Matches: ages 12-14 - Forward Tees, ages 15-18 - Member Tees
* Advanced players may play up a division.
- Date(s): Season begins May 3
- Time(s): Mondays & Thursdays, 5:30 p.m.
- Location(s): Nutters Crossing Golf Club, Green Hill Country Club, Great Hope Golf Club, Elks Golf Club, and other courses if necessary
- Registration Dates: Feb. 22-April 30
- Program Fee(s): $50 per person + $5 due at the course
- Contact: Brian Workman, 410-548-4900x105, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Details: Participants must provide their own equipment including clubs, golf balls, push carts, etc.
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
Take our short survey about parks, recreation and open space in Wicomico County. - Read More
Kids Klub Summer Escape
Registration is open for Kids Klub Summer Escape. Campers explore a unique theme each week packed with activities, games and more. - Read More
A new inclusive playground
Plans have been unveiled for the new inclusive playground. Construction is scheduled to begin at the Henry S. Parker Athletic Complex in 2021. - Read More