Golf - Jr. Eastern Shore Golf League
For more information regarding COVID-19 updates, click here.
The Junior Eastern Shore Golf League, hosted by Wicomico County Recreation, Parks & Tourism, will tee off its seventh season in May 2021. The league
accommodates kids ages 8-18 and uses local golf courses in the area for a six-week session. Athletes will play twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays.
There are two missions of the Jr. Golf program:
- Give an understanding to the more advanced golfer of what it takes to play high school or junior tournament golf.
- Introduce the younger junior golfers who are new to the game a fun and friendly atmosphere through instruction and competition.
Be sure to take advantage of the year-long special offers linked above from our partner DICK’S Sporting Goods. These offers can be used in stores now, and the link is specific to our organization. Every Season Starts at DICK’S Sporting Goods.
- Age Group(s): Boys and girls ages 8-18
6 Hole Matches: ages 8-9 - Modified Tees, ages 10-11 - Modified Tees
9 Hole Matches: ages 12-14 - Forward Tees, ages 15-18 - Member Tees
* Advanced players may play up a division.
- Date(s): Season begins May 3
- Time(s): Mondays & Thursdays, 5:30 p.m.
- Location(s): Nutters Crossing Golf Club, Green Hill Country Club, Great Hope Golf Club, Elks Golf Club, and other courses if necessary
- Registration Dates: Feb. 22-April 30
- Program Fee(s): $50 per person + $5 due at the course
- Contact: Brian Workman, 410-548-4900x105, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Details: Participants must provide their own equipment including clubs, golf balls, push carts, etc.
Current Programs & News
Show off your skills on the court at the Shore Showdown, a pickleball tournament for players of all ages and abilities. - Read More
Spend the evening at a community park during Summerfest, a FREE event series for kids focused on providing cool, unique themed experiences. - Read More
Recreation & Parks Department 75th Anniversary Celebration Dinner
Our Recreation & Parks department is celebrating its 75th anniversary with a celebration dinner on Sept. 11. - Read More