Golf - Jr. Eastern Shore Golf League
For more information regarding COVID-19 updates, click here.
The Junior Eastern Shore Golf League, hosted by Wicomico County Recreation, Parks & Tourism, will tee off its sixth season in May 2020. The league
accommodates kids ages 8-18 and uses local golf courses in the area for a six-week session. Athletes will play twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays.
Extra instruction/lessons provided by A+ Golf Academy available on Tuesday evenings for an additional $15 fee per session.
There are two missions of the Jr. Golf program:
- Give an understanding to the more advanced golfer of what it takes to play high school or junior tournament golf.
- Introduce the younger junior golfers who are new to the game a fun and friendly atmosphere through instruction and competition.
- Age Group(s): Boys and girls ages 8-18
6 Hole Matches: ages 8-9 - Modified Tees, ages 10-11 - Modified Tees
9 Hole Matches: ages 12-14 - Forward Tees, ages 15-18 - Member Tees
* Advanced players may play up a division.
- Date(s): Season begins May 4, 2020
- Time(s): Mondays & Thursdays, 5:30 p.m.
- Location(s): Nutters Crossing Golf Club, Green Hill Country Club, Elks Golf Club, and other courses if necessary
- Registration Dates: Open Feb. 27-May 1, 2020
- Program Fee(s): $50 per person + $5 due at the course
Extra instruction/lessons provided by A+ Golf Academy available on Tuesday evenings for an additional $15 per session.
- Contact: Brian Workman, 410-548-4900x105, email@example.com
Additional Details: Participants must provide their own equipment including clubs, golf balls, push carts, etc.
Current Programs & News
Project 7 ½
Project 7 ½ is designed to provide individuals with physical or mental disabilities the opportunity to play baseball. The capital campaign for this proposed project is underway. - Read More
Wicomico County officials will reopen several county facilities beginning Friday, June 12. - Read More
Jr. Girls Softball
Junior Girls Fall Ball is a team-only entry league for girls ages 12 & Under (Minor), 14 & Under (Major I) and 18 & Under (Major II). Girls of all skill levels and experience are invited to join in the tradition. - Read More