Fishing Derby - Virtual for 2020
Wicomico County Recreation & Parks' Youth Fishing Derby, a tradition for more than 50 years, goes virtual for 2020. Children ages 15 and under can compete in this year's event from anywhere.
Award categories for both boys and girls include:
- Most Fish Caught in a Single Day
- Most Unusual Catch
- Longest Fish
- Completed Participant Entry Form
- A photo of the fish next to printed measuring page
- A photo of the child with his or her catch
- Age Group(s): Youth 15 & Under
- Date(s): June 6-June 13, 2020
- Time(s): Anytime during those dates
- Location(s): Anywhere
- Registration Dates: Send registration form to Jamie Nichols at email@example.com by June 13.
- Program Fee(s): Free
- Contact: Jamie Nichols: 410-548-4900 x108, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Details: Prizes: Each winner will receive a $10 DICK's Sporting Goods gift certificate, and winners' names and photos will be posted on social media.
Current Programs & News
Project 7 ½
Project 7 ½ is designed to provide individuals with physical or mental disabilities the opportunity to play baseball. The capital campaign for this proposed project is underway. - Read More
Wicomico County officials will reopen several county facilities beginning Friday, June 12. - Read More
Jr. Girls Softball
Junior Girls Fall Ball is a team-only entry league for girls ages 12 & Under (Minor), 14 & Under (Major I) and 18 & Under (Major II). Girls of all skill levels and experience are invited to join in the tradition. - Read More