Children are invited to see what they can catch at Wicomico County Recreation & Parks’ Youth Fishing Derby, a tradition for more than 50 years. The Department of Natural Resources will add hundreds of blue gills to the pond’s current inhabitants.
- Age Group(s): Youth 15 & Under
- Date(s): June 1, 2019
- Time(s): Registration Opens at 8 a.m.; Fishing: 9 - 11 a.m.; Lunch & Trophies: 11 a.m.-noon
- Location(s): Salisbury City Park
- Program Fee(s): Free
- Contact: Allen Swiger: 410-548-4900 x108 or email@example.com
Additional Details: Please bring your own bait and rod. Food and drinks will be provided for youth participants. Trophies will be awarded in categories including but not limited to: Most Fish Caught, Most Unusual Catch and Biggest Fish.
This is a rain or shine event.
Longest Fish Caught
• Boy - EJ Dennison caught an 11.5 in. Bluegill
• Girl - Marisa Marzec caught a 13 in. Catfish
Most Fish Caught
• Boy - David Carroll caught 18 total fish
• Girl - Destiney Wilson caught 13 total fish
Most Unusual Catch
• Damian Tarr caught a Stinkpot (Musk) Turtle
Most Outstanding Fisherperson
• Abbey Rowe for displaying positive, enthusiastic energy throughout the event
Current Programs & News
Project 7 ½
Project 7 ½ is designed to provide individuals with physical or mental disabilities the opportunity to play baseball. The capital campaign for this proposed project launched Aug. 13.
- Read More
Kids Klub After School
From theme parties to arts and crafts, organized competition to service projects, this program is the one of the most well-rounded opportunities for youth. It's held in seven elementary schools. - Read More
Good Beer Festival
The Good Beer Festival returns to Pemberton Historical Park on Oct. 11-12. There will be 100 different craft brews, live music, games and more. - Read More