Cast your line and reel in the big ones during Wicomico Recreation's Annual Free Youth Fishing Derby at Salisbury City Park, where youth ages 15 and under are welcome to take part in America's favorite family pastime. In preparation for the Derby, the Department of Natural Resources will stock the pond at Salisbury City Park. Approximately 500 blue gills will join the pond's current inhabitants, including catfish, largemouth bass, perch and carp.
- Age Group(s): Youth 15 & Under
- Date(s): June 2, 2018
- Time(s): Registration Opens at 8 a.m.; Fishing: 9 - 11 a.m.; Lunch & Trophies: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Location(s): Salisbury City Park
- Program Fee(s): Free
- Contact: Allen Swiger: 410-548-4900 x108 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Details: Please bring your own bait and rod. Food and drinks will be provided for youth participants. Trophies will be awarded in categories including but not limited to: Most Fish Caught, Most Unusual Catch and Biggest Fish.
This is a rain or shine event.
Longest Fish Caught
• Boy - EJ Dennison caught an 11.5 in. Bluegill
• Girl - Marisa Marzec caught a 13 in. Catfish
Most Fish Caught
• Boy - David Carroll caught 18 total fish
• Girl - Destiney Wilson caught 13 total fish
Most Unusual Catch
• Damian Tarr caught a Stinkpot (Musk) Turtle
Most Outstanding Fisherperson
• Abbey Rowe for displaying positive, enthusiastic energy throughout the event
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
The update of Wicomico County's Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan has been locally adopted. Read more to view the plan. - Read More
Kids Klub Summer Escape
Registration is open for Kids Klub Summer Escape. Campers explore a unique theme each week packed with activities, games and more. - Read More
FUNdamental Hoops summer basketball camp will be offered for boys and girls ages 6-12 this July. Sign up by Friday, June 29. - Read More