Test your skills against other players in the community. Be the one to announce the final "Checkmate!"
- Age Group(s): Youth: 5-18
- Date(s): Feb. 7 and 8, 2020
- Time(s): Youth: Friday, Feb. 7, at 5:30 p.m.; Adult: Saturday, Feb. 8, at 8:30 a.m.
- Location(s): Wicomico Youth & Civic Center, Da Nang Rooms
- Program Fee(s): Youth: $7 in advance (before 3 p.m. Feb. 7); $12 at the door
Adult: $12 in advance (before 3 p.m. Feb. 7); $17 at the door
- Contact: Jamie Nichols, 410-548-4900 x108, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Details: - Those registering the day of the event should arrive a half-hour prior to the event.
- Youth participants are guaranteed four matches and adults are guaranteed three matches.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own chess set and clocks.
- Food and drinks will be available at the concession stand during the youth tournament. No outside food or drinks are permitted.
- Awards will be given to first, second and third place winners.
Current Programs & News
Kids Klub Learning Center
The Kids Klub Learning Center provides a childcare opportunity for Wicomico County Public School students. Participants will follow their personal virtual curriculums and complete their individual assignments under the supervision of certified staff. - Read More
Project 7 ½
Project 7 ½ is designed to provide individuals with physical or mental disabilities the opportunity to play baseball. The capital campaign for this proposed project is underway. - Read More
WYBL Skills Academy
The Wicomico Youth Basketball League's Skills Academy teaches children grades K-8 the basic fundamentals of basketball in a fun, non-competitive environment. - Read More