Test your skills against other players in the community. Be the one to announce the final "Checkmate!"
- Age Group(s): Youth: 5-18
- Date(s): February 23 and 24, 2018
- Time(s): Youth: Friday, Feb. 23 at 5:30 p.m.; Adult: Saturday, Feb. 24 at 8:30 a.m.
- Location(s): Wicomico Youth & Civic Center, Da Nang Rooms
- Program Fee(s): Youth: $7 in advance (before 3 p.m. Feb. 23); $12 at the door
Adult: $12 in advance; $17 at the door
- Contact: Allen Swiger, 410-548-4900 x108, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Details: Those registering the day of the event should arrive a half-hour prior to the event. Youth participants are guaranteed four matches and adults are guaranteed three matches. Players are encouraged to bring their own chess set and clocks. Food and drinks will be available at the concession stand during the youth tournament. Trophies will be awarded to first, second and third place winners.
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
The update of Wicomico County's Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan has been locally adopted. Read more to view the plan. - Read More
Pemberton Park Pumpkin Tour
Get into the Halloween spirit with the Pemberton Park Pumpkin Tour on Oct. 26. Register a pumpkin for free. New activities have been added this year. - Read More
Wicomico Youth Basketball League
The Wicomico Youth Basketball League is for boys and girls in grades K-8. Register by Nov. 9 for the inaugural season. - Read More