Test your skills against other players in the community. Be the one to announce the final "Checkmate!"
- Age Group(s): Youth: 5-18
- Date(s): Feb. 22 and 23, 2019
- Time(s): Youth: Friday, Feb. 22, at 5:30 p.m.; Adult: Saturday, Feb. 23, at 8:30 a.m.
- Location(s): Wicomico Youth & Civic Center, Da Nang Rooms
- Program Fee(s): Youth: $7 in advance (before 3 p.m. Feb. 22); $12 at the door
Adult: $12 in advance; $17 at the door
- Contact: Allen Swiger, 410-548-4900 x108, email@example.com
Additional Details: Those registering the day of the event should arrive a half-hour prior to the event. Youth participants are guaranteed four matches and adults are guaranteed three matches. Players are encouraged to bring their own chess set and clocks. Food and drinks will be available at the concession stand during the youth tournament. Trophies will be awarded to first, second and third place winners.
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
The update of Wicomico County's Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan has been locally adopted. Read more to view the plan. - Read More
The Governor’s Challenge High School Basketball Tournament returns to the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center and surrounding high schools Dec. 26-29. - Read More
Indoor Community Yard Sale
Reserve your seller space for the Wicomico Recreation Indoor Community Yard Sale, happening at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center on Jan. 5. - Read More