Test your skills against other players in the community. Be the one to announce the final "Checkmate!"
- Age Group(s): Youth: 5-18
- Date(s): Feb. 22 and 23, 2019
- Time(s): Youth: Friday, Feb. 22, at 5:30 p.m.; Adult: Saturday, Feb. 23, at 8:30 a.m.
- Location(s): Wicomico Youth & Civic Center, Da Nang Rooms
- Program Fee(s): Youth: $7 in advance (before 3 p.m. Feb. 22); $12 at the door
Adult: $12 in advance; $17 at the door
- Contact: Allen Swiger, 410-548-4900 x108, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Details: - Those registering the day of the event should arrive a half-hour prior to the event.
- Youth participants are guaranteed four matches and adults are guaranteed three matches.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own chess set and clocks.
- Food and drinks will be available at the concession stand during the youth tournament.
- Awards will be given to first, second and third place winners.
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
The update of Wicomico County's Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan has been locally adopted. Read more to view the plan. - Read More
Youth & Adult Chess Tournaments
Our annual Chess Tournaments will return this February. The Youth Tournament is Friday, Feb. 22, and the Adult Tournament will follow on Saturday, Feb. 23. - Read More
Youth Drop-In Basketball
Middle and high school students can drop in at Salisbury Middle School to play basketball for free on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. - Read More