Soccer - Fall FUNdamental Soccer (U4, U6 & U8)
Fall FUNdamental Soccer is Wicomico Recreation & Parks' eight-week youth training program designed for children ages 3-7. In a nurturing, fun environment, players will learn soccer using specialized, age-appropriate drills and games designed to develop a player’s individual skills.
Led by our youth soccer coordinator, each practice will consist of 30 minutes of skill development followed by a small-sided game in which instruction and noncompetitive game-play will be encouraged. Players will be grouped into teams and led by volunteer development coaches.
- Age Group(s): Boys and Girls, Ages U4, U6 and U8.
U4: Born in 2014
U6: Born in 2012 or 2013
U8: Born in 2010 or 2011
- Date(s): Saturdays, Aug. 26-Oct. 21, 2017
- Time(s): U4: 9 a.m.; U6: 10 a.m.; U8: 11 a.m. or noon*
- Location(s): WinterPlace Park - New location!
- Registration Dates: Registration Deadline: July 28; Late Registration Deadline: Aug. 4
- Program Fee(s): $50, includes uniform shirt and soccer ball (individual registration only). U8 teams interested in registering as a team may "play up" in the U10 Wicomico Soccer League.
- Late Fee: $5 after July 28
- Contact: Allen Swiger, 410-548-4900 x108 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Details: * Times may vary based on final registration numbers and field availability.
Uniform pick-up and meet the coach is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 24, at WinterPlace Park. U4 and U6 players should be there at 6 p.m. and U8 players should be there at 6:30 p.m.
Current Programs & News
Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan
The update of Wicomico County's Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan has been locally adopted. Read more to view the plan. - Read More
Youth & Adult Chess Tournaments
Our annual Chess Tournaments will return this February. The Youth Tournament will be held on Friday, Feb. 23, and the Adult Tournament will follow on Saturday, Feb. 24. - Read More
Westside Community Center Open House
All Westside residents are invited to join us Feb. 10 for an open house to learn about WSCC memberships, existing and new programs, special events and more. - Read More